Whoever coined the phrase, "Cat blogging is a competitive sport" (I think it was me, actually), was right. Once again, it's Petties Pet Blogging award season, where I
harass implore you, my beloved readers to nominate, and then vote for me to win a $1,000 donation to a worthy animal rescue organization.
Last year, thanks to your overwhelming support and a spirited hat campaign led by my two cats Charlie and Priscilla, we were able to bring home the prize for Tabby's Place Cat Sanctuary in Ringoes, NJ. This year, I am once again hoping to win in order to benefit Sayreville Pet Adoption Center, a struggling no-kill shelter located in Sayreville, NJ.
The Petties competition works in two stages: Nominations and voting. In phase one, which runs from June 4 - June 29th, you can nominate me once a day in any categories you see fit, including Best Cat Blog and Best Use of Social Media Blog.
On July 5, the nominees in each category will be announced, and if I make it, another campaign will begin to vote for the winner.
As an added incentive to participate this year, Dogtime is generously giving everyone who submits a nomination an additional chance to win $10,000 for the animal charity of their choice.
To nominate Catsparella, please complete the following (easy!) steps:
1. Visit the nomination page at http://petties.dogtime.com/nominate.
2. Sign in through Facebook, or submit your email address to access the ballot.
3. Enter your nominations in any or all categories. I am hoping to be nominated in the category of Best Cat Blog and/or Best Use of Social Media Blog.
- For nominee URL enter in: http://www.catsparella.com
- For Shelter Nomination for $10K Pre-Petties Donation Contest, enter in your favorite non-profit animal related charity, or may I suggest Sayreville Pet Adoption Center. The charity with the most votes wins a $10,000 prize.
4. Click the "Create Ballot" button to submit.
5. Set a reminder to come back every day through June 29th to make your nomination!
Once again, I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of you for your ongoing support. I am grateful to each and every one of you for taking the time to read my blog, and am looking forward to once again rallying together to help create awareness (and hopefully win some much needed cash) for a very worthy animal rescue organization. Thank you!