Yippee!! Thanks to you, Catsparella is one of the nominees for Best Social Integration Blog at The Petties 2011 Pet Blog Awards!!
The Petties are Dogtime's annual celebration recognizing excellence among animal-loving bloggers, and are the only awards nominated by, voted for, and presented to individuals in the pet blogging community.
Best Social Integration is a pet blog that effectively leverages the power of social media to maximize its readership via Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.
Voting for the finalists started TODAY, July 5, 2011 and will be remain open until Friday, July 29, 2011.
Here's where I need your help!
Please vote, and tell your friends, your cats, and your cats friends to VOTE CATSPARELLA in the category of Best Social Integration Blog! It only takes a minute, and I promise it doesn't hurt! You'll even get a free kitten with every vote (Ok, now I'm just making things up.)
1. Visit http://www.dogtime.com/petties
2. Once at the site, select Catsparella in the category of Best Social Integration Blog (you don't even have to enter in an email address or vote in the other categories, unless you want to!)
3. Click the Vote button at the bottom of the page, and that's it! You can vote a few times a day, so bookmark it, and go back every day now through July 29th. And don't forget to help spread the word!
*Note: Some people have told me they aren't seeing the "Vote" button appear at the bottom of the page. If you don't see it, you can either hover the mouse around the bottom until you see a hand appear, and then click (this seems to make the vote go through), or try to access the page using a different browser.
The prize for winning is a $1,000 donation to the shelter of your choice, and after much thought and consideration, I've decided that if I were to win, I would donate the money to Tabby's Place Cat Sanctuary, located in my home state of Ringoes, NJ.
From their website:
Tabby's Place is a cage-free sanctuary that provides rescue for cats in hopeless situations. Our residents come primarily from public shelters where they had once been scheduled for euthanasia.
This one-of-a-kind facility serves as:
- An Adoption Center, finding loving homes for cats;
- A Hospital, providing medical and surgical treatment for sick or injured residents;
- A Hospice, providing palliative care and a warm, loving environment for chronically or terminally ill cats to live out their lives in comfort
Tabby's Place recently welcomed their 1,000th resident, and I'd be honored to have a part in helping the next 1,000 kitties in their care.
Update! Read about my recent visit to Tabby's Place here.
Thank you again to everyone for your continued support, now let's go out there and bring this kitty home!