Many people have asked how I get them to sit still, and the answer is: I don't. Anyone who owns a cat knows you don't get them to do anything they don't want to do. It takes lots of time and patience to get the perfect (and not so perfect) shot. Here's a list of what usually happens when it's time to bring out the camera for a photo shoot.
What happens when I am ready to take pictures of my cats:
* Cat moves the second I take the picture
What happens when my cats are sitting in the perfect pose, ready to have their picture taken:
* The camera battery dies
* The camera takes 500 years to load
* Too dark: lighting is terrible
* Too light: flash accidentally goes off and blinds cat
* Bad camera angle, cut off top of cat's ears, hat, etc.
* There's too much crap in the background to crop out of the shot
* I hit the wrong button and and take a video by accident
Despite all this, every once in awhile I still manage to get the perfect shot..