The woman was shocked after going to investigate and finding the cat, dyed so brightly it almost glowed in the dark.
I read the instructions on the food colouring and there was nothing that would harm humans or animals. We eat the food the dye is used on, so I knew it wasn't toxic.
I would never hurt an animal. It's just food colourant. I would never put proper dye on an animal."
Oi! Kitty, appropriately renamed "Pink" by her rescuers, is resting comfortably at the RSPCA. The dye is not causing any harm, and they will wait for it to grow out instead of irritating her further by trying to wash it out.
Vet Penny Gillespie told the press:
"Pink is healthy and purrs loudly when you stroke her. She is lovely and I don't understand why someone would be so cruel as to dye her and throw her over a fence."