You can't believe everything you read online today, but cats are cool for April Fools'! Here are all of the cat-themed pranks I could find...and can't help but wish were true!
1. Sephora posted a "Marketing Poll" on their Facebook page, asking fans: "Help! We can’t decide on our new fragrance name. Inspired by cats but made for you: Here Kitty Kitty or Fluffy?" Which would you choose?
2. Fashionista announced the launch of a new cat-focused fashion website called Catshionista, featuring all of the latest feline fashion news and products.
3. Video site Vimeo rebranded themselves as Vimeow, and unveiled "a new kind of online experience" that combines "the digital freedom of the web with the analog pleasure of luxuriating in a patch of sunlight on your living room floor."
4. The U.S. Army (along with a little help from Grumpy Cat), revealed the implementation of a new program that will train cats to work alongside military police to track down criminals.
5. Oberlin College littered their website with kittens, and became Meowberlin college for the day.
6. Sony announced the release of Animalia, their latest line of electronics for pets. Items include a K9 4K TV for dogs, In-Cage Speakers for hamsters, and M3-OW KittyCans earphones for cats, that allow your feline to ignore you like never before. (It's also worth noting that headphones for cats actually do exist).
FIRST LOOK: Animalia lineup of tech for pets
7. REI unveiled a line of "Adventure Kitten Gear" that included Burly Wool Kitten Socks, a "Wild Cat" Kitten Pack, a Lil' Bandana, and my personal favorite, Rugged Kitten Boots! (Thanks to Tania for submitting this one!)
8. Design*Sponge became Cat*Sponge, complete with a revised version of their logo, ribbon banners and an updated “I Want To” link guide offering their readers advice on adopting a cat, dressing a cat, traveling with cats, and cooking for cats. (Thanks to Laurie from The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee for this tip!)
9. Artful Home announced the "Artful Pets" collection, complete with cat furniture and apparel. (Thanks, Patti!)
10. IKEA introduced the Flufee, a cat-sized sofa on Facebook. (Thanks, Anon!)
Have you seen any other cat-related pranks this year? Let me know in the comments!